Manage slider entries
Sliders can live almost anywhere on your website. While their functionality can be customized based on your specific UX requirements, they all work in a similar manner. One of the most common applications for a slider is a hero banner, which typically appears at the top of a website's homepage. By using a Solodev Homepage Hero Slider Module, content creators can easily update and manage the various components of a hero slider, including images, text, links, and more.
Before reviewing this tutorial, users should be familiar with Modules, shortcodes, and repeater templates.
Adding a slider entry
To add entries in your Homepage Hero Slider Module, creators can refer to the steps listed below:
- From Solodev Dashboard, click Modules.
- In the list of Modules, click Image Sliders
- Click Add Entry
- In the Modal Window enter a Name and select a Status (choose from Draft, Stage, or Publish). Next enter a Small Heading Text, Large Heading Text and Slider Content. Please follow any length requirements listed for any of the text boxes mentioned if necessary.
- Users can also add links for the slider button and indicate if it is an external link. Next enter the call to action text for the button
- Users can add a featured image from the Solodev Filesystem or their local machine using the Browse or Upload buttons respectively.
- Finally, creators can set the Schedule for slide publication and removal.
- Once the required fields are populated, click Submit.
Note: The links for the slider buttons can be implemented via a relative path or a complete URL. For internal links or links to pages within the organization’s website, creators can implement links for their slider buttons using a relative path. For example, /ships/index.stml.
Modifying Slider Entries
After creating a Slider Module and adding a few entries, creators can edit those entries cia the following steps:
Step 1: Modifying slider content
- From the Solodev Dashboard, click Modules.
- In the list of Modules, click Image Sliders.
- Open the desired entry by clicking the pencil and paper icon.
- The user is directed to a page where they can enter the Name, Small Heading Text, Large Heading Text, Slider Content, Link and Button Text, Status, Start, and Stop Date.
- Once the appropriate fields are modified click Save.
Step 2: Updating slider images with files from your local machine
In the desired entry, content creators can update Slider images using files from their local machine by performing the following steps:
- Under the Featured Image section, click Upload to select an image from your local machine.
- Choose the image and click Open
- The file name appears to the right of rhe recycle bin icon.
- Click Save
Step 3: Modifying Slider Images using files from Solodev's filesystem
In the desired entry, content creators can update Slider images using files from the Solodev filesystem by performing the following steps:
- Under the Slide Image section, click Browse to select an image from the CMS.
- Click the checkbox next to the desired image and click Choose File.
- The file name appears to the right of the recycle bin icon.
- Click Save
Note: Before saving please ensure that the Publish status is selected to push changes in real time.